1. We use cookies. By continuing to use DigiKeep, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A hot air balloon festival is to be held in Newbury

Discussion in 'Meets and photo opportunities' started by Walter, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Walter

Walter Community Supporter Meets Club Member

Media:
    Albums:
    There will be a hot air balloon festival is to be held in Newbury

The free event is being staged over three days at Newbury showground from 17 to 19 July, all proceeds going to charity.

More info on the BBC web site.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-31414120

Daily early morning mass balloon ascents and night-glow shows each evening are planned from the site.

Walter

2. Steve

Steve Admin Community Supporter Meets Club Member Inner Sanctum Lotto Syndicate Member

Media:
    Albums:
    ...sounds quite good.

I think Bath has a really good one of those too...I used to go to the Bath & West show each year and had my own hospitality tent for my customers, like the MOD based in Bath. One of their men used to do Morris Dancing at that show so I used to go watch him.

The best I've seen is the annual one in Albuquerque New Mexico in the USA, that seems so large it may be the biggest in the World. I'd probably normally be up for that if anyone wanted to go one year. I have relatives in Albuquerque and have visited it a number of times.

I'd be interested in going along for sure if you fancy meeting up there to watch and take some photos and get some tea and cake or whatever. A shame it isn't at the race course down the road in Newbury as I have a relative with a flat that overlooks that. Alice was there on Saturday watching the races with some Uni friends.

If others fancy it we could probably get some good photos.

Steve

3. Nigel

Nigel Established Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Pity about the dates as I shall be at an army reunion near Hinkley, Leicestershire that weekend.

Nigel.

4. Walter

Walter Community Supporter Meets Club Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Steve,
    I would certainly be interested, sounds a great place for some great photos.
    Walter