1. We use cookies. By continuing to use DigiKeep, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All suggestions welcome!

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Steve, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Steve

Steve Admin Community Supporter Meets Club Member Inner Sanctum Lotto Syndicate Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Please feel free to make any suggestions you wish here.

For example, if you feel you would like to see a subject that interests you have its own forum, and even for you to be considered to be the moderator of that forum, please do say.

Steve

2. Roger

Roger Established Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Steve,

On this page http://www.digikeep.com/photo/showgallery.php?cat=1620 (New competition submissions) there is a statement at the bottom of the item/post that reads
    Voting has not yet started. Submit your entries and check back after the competition ends to submit your vote.

Does that make sense? To me it seems to be saying 'upload a photo/photos then wait until the competition ends and then (as an entrant?) cast a vote'.

3. Steve

Steve Admin Community Supporter Meets Club Member Inner Sanctum Lotto Syndicate Member

Media:
    Albums:
    That is what it normally says. It does mean what it says.. upload a photo now to enter the competition, and then after the closing date of the competition look back and cast a vote for the winner.

Entrants are normally the keenest voters, though anyone who supports the system can usually vote. The system doesn't allow voting for your own entries. I am always chuffed to see lots of entrants voting for others here to beat them, it says something about the quality of member we tend to get here.

I can change the wording or take it away so if you have ideas for it by all means say.

I wish someone would upload a photo to kick that off... As the system is all so newly setup I like to see things work as expected.

I just changed the suggested prize to a Hudl as John who just won one seems convinced it is the better machine. I guess with an SD slot and the resolution of the screen it is.

Steve

4. Roger

Roger Established Member

Media:
    Albums:
    OK. Sorry. It was me being thick. :write:

5. Steve

Media:
    Albums:
    Not thick at all Roger.. I have often looked at that wording and not been too sure how it sounds. It is built in and I've just left it. If I turn off the competition mode until we get to the voting period then it doesn't show at all until then. Once there are entries the words don't get looked at so closely.

Steve

6. John

John Community Supporter Meets Club Member Inner Sanctum

Media:
    Albums:
    At the £120 level the hudl beats the other 7" tablets except on graphics (its 3D handling lets it down). Since I don't play 3D games it is a clear winner.

7. Roger

Roger Established Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I hadn't come across this item until I read this thread! The Hudl does look impressive at the price. I think Tesco have done their homework with this bad boy!

8. Steve

Media:
    Albums:
    I don't think 3D games are really a consideration for most of us. Some time back I did try hard to find decent 3D games for a PS3 connected to a 3D TV and found none that even seemed worth a second look. I do wonder about PC magazines that review machines like these and mark them up or down for the speed they run the latest 3D games at. Seems a tad outside reality to do that. I think we need reviewers with a little more common sense.

Things like the Hudl resolution are what count for normal use, and at 1440 x 900 on a 7 inch IPS screen at £119 it seems to knock spots off most competitors at that level. With the microSD card ability and microHDMI as well it seems a no brainer really.

You can even buy one with just £60 of Tesco vouchers it seems, amazin... :)

I suppose the much more expensive Nexus 7 2013 model may still attract some folks as that is 1920 x 1200 - but it still having no SD card ability and so on will rule it out for many.

Steve

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  9. Coops

Coops Established Member

Media:
    Albums:
    If you need someone to kick off, it may as well be me!

Thanks for the chance to enter another great competition,

Coops

10. Steve

Media:
    Albums:
    Coops,

Ta.. at least I know it is allowing uploads now.

I think I know those 2 guys in your photo.. the one on the left is 19 and the one on the right is 21... :)

Steve

11. Roger

Roger Established Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Pleased to say that I am writing this message on my new Hudl. What a little cracker it is :)

12. Steve

Media:
    Albums:
    Roger,

A review of it uploaded to the resources system here may be an idea. You just write up what you think about something and upload it there. Very helpful for making folks aware of things you think they might want to consider buying.

I'm watching Google gradually getting everything from DigiKeep indexed. You can go straight to things like my review of the WeMo here with a Google search on digikeep WeMo

Shouldn't be too long before things without the digikeep achieve the same.

I love that because you posted a thread on it here you are the No1 search result out of 26 million plus results for things like: My 'Bus Lane' hero

Steve

13. Penny

Penny Community Supporter Lotto Syndicate Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Please may we have a back to the top button? I use my laptop with a cordless mouse that won't always let go of the side scroll bar when it gets to the top and I swear a lot.

P :hallow:

14. Steve

Media:
    Albums:
    Penny,

I think we already have that covered.. see the graphic below:

penny1.GIF

This made me think of you.. seems appropriate for the time of year too....

pennyguy.gif

Steve

15. Roger

Roger Established Member

Media:
    Albums:
    lol. :D

16. Penny

Media:
    Albums:
    Mine would say "A guy for the Penny please."

Hmm - well I do have dodgy eyes. Sorry Steve, I really did look and didn't see that button. :oops:

P :hallow:

17. Roger

Roger Established Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Well thought up! You're on a roll :thumb:

Regards,
    Roger

18. Penny

Media:
    Albums: