1. We use cookies. By continuing to use DigiKeep, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celebrity photo

Discussion in 'Photography and Cameras' started by Steve, Mar 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Steve

Steve Admin Community Supporter Meets Club Member Inner Sanctum Lotto Syndicate Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Grandson Brayden and I were wandering in Hyde Park on Sunday and stopped to take a photo of a Heron that was posing on a sculpture. This is one of the images we took:

As we photographed the heron George Osborne the former Chancellor came and stood next to me and did the same. What I believe are his wife Jennifer and dog Lola were also there. This is a photo of that:

George and his dog have often appeared in the media. One such story is in the Telegraph, there is even a letter from the dog included, just scroll down a little to see it HERE

Steve

2. Frenchman

Frenchman Community Supporter Meets Club Member Inner Sanctum Lotto Syndicate Member

Media:
    It is strange seeing well known people out of context.
    I happened to be standing beside Nick Mason at Goodwood last summer and had to do one of those double takes before I realised who he was.
    He was looking at a Ferrari so not totally out of context.

Also found myself standing next to Mark James
    That was at Wentworth so not really a surprise.

3. Steve

Steve Admin Community Supporter Meets Club Member Inner Sanctum Lotto Syndicate Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Yes, I agree.

It is a little weird how most of us react to famous people, it seems like a built in reaction.

I often seem to pass famous folks in the street or sit near them on a bus or in a restaurant or whatever and most of the time I am too busy watching them to remember to take a photo.

With the George Osborne photo above I am not sure if the man that can be seen behind him is just a passer by, or some form of armed personal protection. He has an ear piece etc.

Goodwood and Wentworth eh. I have to admit I turn down all invites to the races or golf courses these days. A relative has a place at Gleneagles and I've never been as I'm just not into golf. Another has a place overlooking Newbury race course but I've likewise never been.

I spend a lot of my spare time in Central London as that seems to attract me like a magnet, I love all the things to do and see there. It helps that Londoners over 60 get a free 'Boris pass' for all the trains and buses.

Steve

4. Frenchman

Frenchman Community Supporter Meets Club Member Inner Sanctum Lotto Syndicate Member

Media:
    Not racing at Goodwood, it was the Festival of Speed last summer, hence the Ferrari. I like central London too, we often go to the theatre on a Friday night and spend Saturday wandering.
    We like Covent Garden and recently had afternoon tea at the Wolsley as a birthday treat.
    We have a Two Together railcard, costs £30. We get a third off all rail travel so a trip to London a couple of times and we have saved the cost.
    We also get the train to Brighton and just wander around the lanes for a couple of hours, plenty of "junk" shops

5. Steve

Media:
    Albums:
    I see. I'm not into car racing either... :) Only relative I have involved with that deals with their advertising and promotional side, I've never paid much attention though. With cars in general I like big family cars, and really miss my old Espace, can't seem to get them nowadays.

I think I remember us talking about that in the past. It sounds a very neat thing to do. I can't seem to find much at the theatre to make me want to go these days. I used to really love things like Barnum, Phantom, and so on.

Last thing I saw was Photo 51 with Nicole Kidman. I was tempted to go see Network at the National Theatre because Brian Cranston was in it, as I felt he was brilliant in the TV show Breaking Bad.

The Waldorf on The Strand was my favourite spot for that, Sunday afternoons they had what they called a tea dance. The live but not too loud music, and some folks choosing to dance, plus the food and tea being great really made me like that place.

The price seems much higher now, and it seemed to be very regularly available back then but now seems to have set dates. Info on the Hilton Website HERE. I went to one of those tea dances for my 40th birthday. Very old video of that visit....

We have oodles of videos on the system but they are mostly in .wmv format, as that old one was. I just converted it to .MP4 so I could upload it and show it again. Our current systems can't display .wmv so thousands of videos are hidden away here at present. I guess I could convert a lot more videos. The few I have done are here: http://www.digikeep.com/forum/xengallery/categories/videos.39/

I don't think I would rush to pay £65 plus 12.5% service charge per head they seem to quote on the Hilton site for the Waldorf tea dances they do now.. Like so many places, I guess they perhaps had to double their prices so they could then give out 50% off deals via folks like Groupon.

A lot of folks here seem to use the senior railcard. I don't currently use the trains outside London enough for it to work for me. I love the Lanes and doing that area with fish and chips on the pier was always a great way to spend a few hours.

A con man once took me to lunch in the Lanes. It was a fish restaurant he took me to and he wanted to buy some items from me in my old sales job. I set up his account and went off to the US on holiday. When I got back I found he had ordered large amounts of goods, way over his credit limit, and had then run off with it all... oh well... :) He'd run the same scam on masses of people, including folks like Argos with an order for vouchers.

Down the line when he was tracked down I went to his house with our credit controller and a couple of our company security guys to talk to him about the money he owed us. He was so shocked he said he was reporting us to the Police and he got in his car and drove to the local Police station... we followed and our security men, who were former Police Officers, went in and chatted to the Police about the situation. He was the only customer I ever had where I was called in to the Dept of Trade and Industry to discuss him, as they were banning him from being a Director. It is a funny old world at times.

One reason we used to go to Brighton a lot was that one of Majella's Sisters used to live in Seaford, so just down the road.

Steve