1. We use cookies. By continuing to use DigiKeep, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tip Just to give you some advance warning...

Discussion in 'Support, Information, and Help' started by Steve, Dec 7, 2017 at 10:28 AM.

1. Steve

Steve Admin Community Supporter Meets Club Member Inner Sanctum Lotto Syndicate Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Hi all,

Over the holiday period I am looking into updating our system software to a totally new version.

It will probably mean a clear out of old material and some new features and abilities on the system.

Until I start to work on this I can't give any exact details or timings. I doubt that matters much as I am hoping to create the new updated system afresh so the switch from one system to another will seem almost instant when it happens anyway, although it may take me weeks to complete it in the background.

I don't anticipate anything being negative about the changes, and for instance member IDs and logins and so on should all remain unchanged. If any problems crop up the change simply won't take place until they are resolved.

All the best,

Steve

2. Walter

Walter Community Supporter Meets Club Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Steve,
    Thanks for the warning.

Walter

3. John

John Community Supporter Meets Club Member Inner Sanctum

Media:
    Albums:
    Sounds good.

One thing about the present software, the xmas decorations no longer produce any sound on my iMac (Sierra 10.12.6). They did last year.

4. Steve

Steve Admin Community Supporter Meets Club Member Inner Sanctum Lotto Syndicate Member

Media:
    Albums:
    John,

I suspect that changes in how some browsers work may be killing that feature.

I noticed with Windows 10 none of the browsers I tried played the sounds, apart from Internet Explorer which still does for me.

The new system I hope to bring in won’t have any of the graphics for events I’ve added, so this is probably the last year for those rather neat Christmas decorations.

Have a great Christmas,

Steve x_smile