1. We use cookies. By continuing to use DigiKeep, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lew

Discussion in 'DigiKeep Community' started by Jackie, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Jackie

Jackie Active Member

Really sad to see the news about Lew today. He was a lovely man.

2. Lorri

Lorri Community Supporter Meets Club Member Inner Sanctum

Media:
    Yes very sad news. RIP Lew

Lorri & Roger xx

3. Walter

Walter Community Supporter Meets Club Member

Media:
    Albums:
    RIP Lew

4. John

John Community Supporter Meets Club Member Inner Sanctum

Media:
    Albums:
    Sad to see such a friendly man pass on.

5. Steve

Steve Admin Community Supporter Meets Club Member Inner Sanctum Lotto Syndicate Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Jackie,

Thank you for passing on the news. I hadn't spotted it and I only went off and read about what happened after your message here last night.

Reading about what has been happening to Lew in recent times in this item seems very sad. There is info on that here: http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2018/01/22/38940/brush_strokess_barman_dies

The BBC announcement is here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42775406

It is so sad that nobody got in touch about Lew and where he was and so on.

Earlier comment: As we've not heard directly about Lew's death on Saturday there must be a good chance that we won't get information on the funeral either. I for one would have liked to attend. It sounds like it may be in Edinburgh.

Later comment: I was wrong! I don't look at Facebook much but when I just did I saw a message from early Monday from Anna telling me of Lew's death and where it happened and when and so on. We've now discussed things a fair bit. I am very grateful to Anna for getting in touch like that.

Anna was wondering when Lew first got involved in this little group... I can't see Lew in the very early photos we have but I know I attended a Brush Strokes filming and that ended in 1991 so it had to be before that. I can also see the TheNet episode that had Lew and me in it and so on, and that is 90's. If anyone has a better memory than me or can tie down any dates when Lew did things with us please say.

It has been a long time since I have had to add anyone to our Obituary section here. I will be doing that as soon as I have full info to put into it.

A couple of past Christmas images/memories of Lew having a good time with others here...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One from the days of Elmo...

[​IMG]

Steve

6. Gary

Gary Community Supporter Meets Club Member Lotto Syndicate Member

Media:
    Just seen this sad news today.
    Lew was a great guy to know and we will all miss him.

7. Frenchman

Frenchman Community Supporter Meets Club Member Inner Sanctum Lotto Syndicate Member

Media:
    Just read this, so sad, a very funny man, RIP

8. Steve

Steve Admin Community Supporter Meets Club Member Inner Sanctum Lotto Syndicate Member

Media:
    Albums:
  9. Walter

Media:
    Albums:
    Steve,
    I think it was the Sun said that his daughter was going to take legal action of the NHS some thing about the NHS had changed his medication, how true that is as it was in the SUN who seem to be good at printing false news.

Walter

10. Jackie

Jackie Active Member

That news looks awful - I really hope that this turns out not to be true.

11. Walter

Media:
    Albums:
  12. Andy

Andy Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    That's very sad news. RIP Lew.

I've had a quick look through some old photo albums and the earliest photos I've found are from a meet at Easter 1993, one with Cliff and Walter, and one with Terry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Andy

John likes this.
  13. Steve

Media:
    Albums:
    Here is the item from the Daily Mail on Sunday, the 28th of January 2018 edition. This clipping is in the media area too.

[​IMG]

Steve

14. Paula

Paula Team Member Community Supporter Meets Club Member

Media:
    Albums:
    This is very sad news. RIP Lew.

15. Binu

Binu Community Supporter Lotto Syndicate Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Extremely sad, the few moments I spend with him, he made me laugh a lot. Whenever I say some thing , he try to convert it in a funny way of replying. That makes him stand out in the group.

He had a good life in the sense that he was able to make others laugh a lot which is not possible for majority of us. We and many will miss him.

Binu

Gary likes this.
  16. Steve

Media:
    Albums:
    For those watching the story surrounding Lew's death develop there seems to be more material underneath one of the clips I pointed to earlier:

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2018/01/22/38940/brush_strokess_barman_dies

The person who comments mentions a Facebook page, that seems to probably be the one here: https://www.facebook.com/515447905 If that doesn't work for you then the name of Lew's step daughter with the Facebook page is Debora Milazzo from Edinburgh as you've probably seen in some of the reports, and searching may find it.

I have lots of great memories of Lew and I think I will concentrate on remembering those and celebrating what a great guy he was.

The controversy about the NHS treatment involved and so on will come to some sort of conclusion in time I guess. Just about every national newspaper seems to have had a piece about Lew's death and the turmoil that seems to surround it.

All the best,

Steve