1. We use cookies. By continuing to use DigiKeep, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manchester, Westminster, the World?

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by Steve, May 30, 2017.

1. Steve

Steve Admin Community Supporter Meets Club Member Inner Sanctum Lotto Syndicate Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I hope everyone here is well and not directly affected by the two recent losers with bombs and cars murdering innocent men and women and children here in the UK. My condolences to all those who are personally affected.

Anyone anywhere can go and kill women and kids with cars and bombs and so on. Nobody normally does this in the UK because it would so obviously be a sign of being a complete idiot, and it could never achieve anything for anyone, could it.

Even crazier is claiming to murder and maim women and kids in the name of religion. As far as I know no religion anywhere backs such actions, all seem to think it sends the wrongdoer to 'hell' or their version of it, don't they? Running over kids sightseeing or blowing them up at a music event and saying it is in support of a religion is sheer madness I am sure we all agree.

I think we have to look at this as a global problem. Sadly, there are said to be over 500 suicide murders in the USA each year, and they generally seem to be about mental illness, not religion, not a cause, simply someone with mental problems unable to cope, and deciding to take other people with them when they die.

Here is a link to details on 142 US incidents of murder suicide, perhaps we should think ourselves lucky here in the UK?

Here is a page about how many Americans a year die this way. As you can see, it is said to be thousands!

This all makes me wonder why all the World attention seems to be on a tiny subset of the total killings that take place. Anyone know what that is all about?

I suspect that if you listed the religion of each mass murderer who went nuts and killed people with bombs or guns or cars or whatever you'd probably find the vast bulk of them were down as being Christians. In reality most people in places like the USA and UK seem not to believe in any religion even if they were brought up in one faith or another - I expect mass murderers are no different to the population at large as far as their religion goes.

Does anyone have any views or ideas on any of this? Any particular worries?

Personally, one of my concerns is that a couple of the most belligerent people in the World at present appear to be the President of Russia and the President of the USA... and if either of them ever want to go out taking a lot of others with them they certainly have the means to do that.

Am I being silly? Here is a recent quote re President Putin from someone important in the USA. Here is a recent quote about President Trump from NBC.

Who represents the greatest threat to us all, the evil or mentally ill man or woman with the car or a bomb on his or her back, or who?

What do you think on all of this? All views/thoughts welcomed as always.

My intention is to spark a discussion on the serious issues facing the World at present - I hope someone out there has some views/thoughts they want to share?

Steve

Attached Files:

2. Steve

Steve Admin Community Supporter Meets Club Member Inner Sanctum Lotto Syndicate Member

Media:
    Albums:
    ..nobody so far with a view it seems. It surprises me that there is so little opinion around re these more and more common incidents.

Last night in London it appears that perhaps 3 guys got together for a night out running over and stabbing folks they don't know and who don't know them. They seemed to get what they wanted, if that was to to be shot dead by our ever vigilant Police forces. Suicide by cop seems way too common all around the World. Why do these young men seem to want to die that way I wonder?

Steve