1. We use cookies. By continuing to use DigiKeep, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tip New software versions

Discussion in 'Support, Information, and Help' started by Steve, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Steve

Steve Admin Community Supporter Meets Club Member Inner Sanctum Lotto Syndicate Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Hi all,

We updated the system yesterday and this added a few new abilities/changes.

The update was to the software packages used for the forums and for the resources area. Both now have small added abilities/changes, like being able to add tags to items you post in them.

The system also now offers a two part high security type login system you can use if you want to, where you get a code from an app to enter as well as your password. For most here that would be absolute overkill at present and I probably suggest most do not attempt to use it for now.

The concept is a simple one where logging in uses something you know, your password, and something you have, your mobile and an app, which perhaps makes for a more secure way of doing things. It will be interesting to see how this idea develops over time.

Other changes you may spot are things like there being extra blocks of info down the side of the forum index page.

Next up I will be testing a new media system to see if it can be added to what we already have. I have to see if it clashes with how we currently do things.

Steve