1. We use cookies. By continuing to use DigiKeep, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shutting down Win 10 with just one click

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Walter, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Walter

Walter Community Supporter Meets Club Member

Media:
    Albums:
    How to shut down Windows 10 with just one click of the mouse rather than thee click.

Create a new folder on your desktop.

Type in the folder

%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 0

click Next and call the folder Shut down.

Next to shut Windows 10 off click the shut down shut down icon

2. Steve

Steve Admin Community Supporter Meets Club Member Inner Sanctum Lotto Syndicate Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Walter,

Your know I have never thought I wanted to shut down Windows 10 faster.

I quite like how it works normally, and that it tells you if there are updates going on that it will process before it actually closes and stuff like that.

Personally I like to let Windows work as intended and to allow it to carefully close down everything it needs to before it turns off so copying and using commands that may skip something is normally not something I would want to do.

I believe many machines arrive setup for the Power button to turn off Windows instantly. Mine works that way. I still do the normal clicks though as I say.

You can usually change what happens with that button following the simple instructions in this item: https://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/how-to-quickly-shut-down-windows-10/

Steve